Workshop on Biomolecular Theory-Experiment Interplay (WBioTEI)
Deadline for registration November/08th.
Both registrations are free. Please, choose ONLY ONE way to register with or without poster presentation.
The "Workshop on Biomolecular-Theory Experiment Interplay" will be held at the Physics Institute of USP on November 21 and 22, 2013. The Workshop constitutes a venue for the discussion of structural and functional properties of proteins, membranes and other biomolecules, as well as to foster potential collaborations. Keynote lectures will be given by Profs. Wilfred van Gunsteren (ETHZ, Switzerland) and Hans Ågren (KTH, Sweden).
|21/Nov - Thursday||22/Nov - Friday|
09:00-09:20 Opening Session
16:00-16:20 Coffee Break
16:20-17:00 P08:Prof. Amando Ito
17:00-18:30 Poster Session
10:20-10:40 Coffee Break
10:40-11:20 P11: Prof. Thereza Soares
11:20-12:00 P12: Prof. Hans Agren
12:00-12:10 Closing Session
5 speakers on Theoretical Simulations of Biological Systems:
- Prof. André Silva Pimentel (DQ/PUCRJ) - "Molecular Dynamics of Lung Surfactant Systems Interacting with Polyciclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons"
- Prof. Hans Agren (KTH/Stockholm/Sweden) – “Multiscale modelling - the 2013 Nobel prize in Chemistry”
- Prof. Hubert Stassen (DQ/UFRGS) - “Ionic Liquids interacting with Model Membranes”
- Prof. Roberto Lins (DQF/UFPE) - “Molecular Glycoscience Across Scales”
- Prof. Thereza Soares (DQF/UFPE) - “Computational Simulations of LPS membranes: chemotypes, temperature and cations.”
- Prof. Wilfred F. van Gunsteren (ETH/Zurique/Suíça) – “Comparing Simulation with Experimental Results”
7 speakers on Properties and Structure of Lipid Bilayers, Proteins and Peptides:
- Prof. Amando Ito (FFCLRP/USP) - "Model membranes and peptides membrane: simulation and fluorescence studies"
- Prof. Cristiano Oliveira (IF/USP) – “Investigating Biological Systems by Scattering Methods”
- Prof. Hernan Chaimovich (IQ/USP) - “Experimental and simulation insights on ion specificificity in amphiphilic aggregates: the triflate case”;
- Prof. M. Teresa Lamy (IF/USP) - “Structural properties of cationic diC14-amidine vesicles”;
- Prof. Roberto Salinas (IQ/USP) - “NMR studies on the type IV secretion system of Xanthomonas citri”
- Prof. Shirley Schreier (IQ/USP) - “Membrane-peptide interaction. Conformational, functional, and physicochemical aspects”
For additional information or question: email@example.com